English SL (EnglishSL.com)

Your Resource for Learning English
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 29
Today I'm going to share I tip! For learning English, I usually watch videos in English and it's been very useful. And, when I don't understand some words, or I want the whole script, I look for the script online searching for "the video name + script". I've been learning a lot since I started doing that! And, I'm going to share a video and the script link for you now :D

Daily Life of Rustin Hieber
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad-pxjmlpds
Script: http://lybio.net/nigahiga-movies-in-minutes-never-say-never/comedy/
(lybio.net is a great site for video scripts ;) )

It's a really funny video! I hope you like it!

And I'd like to make a suggestion: If you find a good video in English, share with us! If you don't understand a word or a expression, you can ask someone else in the forum! (I'm going to do this with some videos in the near future).

For example, do you understand what he sings @04:04 in this video I shared? "Would you like to buy some ______?"
We could do things like that, asking people what they understand at some point of a video :)

I don't know, I'd like to ask you opinion about that. Please, leave a comment ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:45 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 949
Location: Keswick, ON
Adolfo, your grammar is excellent! Especially the use of commas and other punctuation. Keep up the good work.

In English, we usually refer to these scripts as transcripts. The words at the bottom of the screen are usually referred to as subtitles.

I highly recommend Top Gear videos. If you like my sense of humour, you will definately love this show. You can find them on you tube. Start by looking for:

top gear shuttle
top gear north poll
top gear vietnam
top gear channel crossing
top gear bus
top gear japan challenge
top gear plane challenge

_________________
Simon
http://EnglishSL.com
http://www.colingo.com/teachers/504fd73 ... 0442000001


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 29
Simon wrote:
Adolfo, your grammar is excellent! Especially the use of commas and other punctuation. Keep up the good work.

In English, we usually refer to these scripts as transcripts. The words at the bottom of the screen are usually referred to as subtitles.

I highly recommend Top Gear videos. If you like my sense of humour, you will definately love this show. You can find them on you tube. Start by looking for:

top gear shuttle
top gear north poll
top gear vietnam
top gear channel crossing
top gear bus
top gear japan challenge
top gear plane challenge


Thank you Simon! I'll watch these videos later xD
Hey, can you help me with what I asked in my previous post? [For example, do you understand what he sings @04:04 in this video I shared? "Would you like to buy some ______?"] I couldn't understand that.

Thanks :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:46 pm
Posts: 638
Hey Adolfo.

Thanks for the tip and the idea. ;)

Well... I´ve tried to listened to this part several times and the only thing that I could understand was:

"I never thought I’d be a telemarketer, would you like to buy someone taller".

But I´m not sure :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 29
Danniella wrote:
Hey Adolfo.

Thanks for the tip and the idea. ;)

Well... I´ve tried to listened to this part several times and the only thing that I could understand was:

"I never thought I’d be a telemarketer, would you like to buy someone taller".

But I´m not sure :lol: :lol:


I don't know if you are right, but it makes sense, Danniella! ;)
I'd like to know Simon's opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 949
Location: Keswick, ON
Sorry which is the YouTube video link you referring to? Please paste it again and I'll tell you what it says. The quote below doesn't make any sense to me.

_________________
Simon
http://EnglishSL.com
http://www.colingo.com/teachers/504fd73 ... 0442000001


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 29
Simon wrote:
Sorry which is the YouTube video link you referring to? Please paste it again and I'll tell you what it says. The quote below doesn't make any sense to me.


Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad-pxjmlpds @04:04 "Would you like to buy some ______?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 949
Location: Keswick, ON
I never thought i would be a telemarketer... Would you like to buy some toner...

_________________
Simon
http://EnglishSL.com
http://www.colingo.com/teachers/504fd73 ... 0442000001


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 29
Simon wrote:
I never thought i would be a telemarketer... Would you like to buy some toner...


Hmm... thank you Simon!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group