Home Editor Picks Emre Can reacts to Sancho return to Dortmund having once told him...

Emre Can reacts to Sancho return to Dortmund having once told him to ‘grow up’

Emre Can

Sancho is set to rejoin Dortmund on loan (Picture: Getty)

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Emre Can is ‘extremely happy’ to see Jadon Sancho on his way back to the club, insisting the Manchester United winger can be their ‘difference-maker’.

Sancho was banished from the United first-team in August and is set to leave the club to return to Dortmund this week.

United were eager to offload the 23-year-old on a permanent basis but relented on that stance after a lack of serious interest. Sancho is set to rejoin Dortmund on a six-month loan deal with the Bundesliga side paying a modest loan fee and only a portion of his salary.

A deal is thought to be close to completion with Sancho hoping to join Dortmund on their training camp in Marbella next week.

Sancho spent four years at Dortmund after joining them from Manchester City. In his final season at the club before his £73million move to Old Trafford, he scored 16 goals and provided 20 assists, helping the club win the German Cup. The winger has failed to match that return in three years back in Manchester with 12 goals and six assists to his name.

Despite his struggles at United, former Liverpool midfielder Can is relishing the prospect of linking up with Sancho once again.

‘Personally, I would be extremely happy because I think a lot of him and I believe that if he comes, he will help us,’ he told Sky Sports Germany.

Sancho publicly challenged Erik ten Hag in August (Picture: Getty)

‘But I don’t know how far it is or whether he’s coming or not coming.

‘But it would definitely be nice if he came. He is a difference maker. He’s always good for a goal, he’s always good for an assist and he’ll definitely help us if he comes along.

‘He is extremely talented and is simply a difference-maker.’

Sancho has refused to apologise to ten Hag following his public outburst against his manager in August and has faced questions over his attitude and application at other stages in his career.

Can himself told the Londoner he must ‘grow up’ after breaking Germany’s lockdown rules to have a haircut in July 2020 but now believes he is ‘maturing’.

He continued: ‘He is getting older and he is also becoming more mature. And I do believe that he has improved in that aspect too.’

MORE : Erling Haaland sends message to Jadon Sancho with Man Utd star set to complete Dortmund return

MORE : Manchester United relent over Jadon Sancho’s Dortmund loan and agree to pay portion of salary

For more stories like this, check our sport page.

Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on
FacebookTwitter and Instagram

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here