Home Editor Picks US women’s football coach Vlatko Andonovski resigns after team’s worst World Cup

US women’s football coach Vlatko Andonovski resigns after team’s worst World Cup

US women’s football coach Vlatko Andonovski resigns after team’s worst World Cup

“While we are all disappointed by the outcome at this year’s World Cup, I am immensely proud of the progress this team has made, the support they’ve shown for each other, and the inspiration they’ve provided for players around the world. I will be forever thankful to the U.S. Soccer Federation for giving me the chance to coach this remarkable team.”

Macedonian-American Andonovski also oversaw the US’s run to finish with a bronze medal at the 2021 Olympics in Tokyo.

Twila Kilgore, an assistant coach in Andnovski’s backroom staff, has been named as the US team’s interim head coach, while a long-term successor is sought. She was the first American-born woman to earn U.S. Soccer’s Pro Coaching License.

“All of us at U.S. Soccer thank Vlatko for his dedication to our Women’s National Team over the past four years,” said U.S. Soccer Sporting Director Matt Crocker. “Vlatko worked tirelessly for this team and has been a strong and positive leader for our women’s program. We’re grateful for everything he has contributed to U.S. Soccer and know he has a bright future in the sport.”

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here