Home Editor Picks Letter to the editor: Take the train, Justin

Letter to the editor: Take the train, Justin

A VIA Rail passenger train

Here are today’s Ottawa Sun letters to the editor.

Article content

TAKE THE TRAIN, JUSTIN

Advertisement 2

Article content

I’ll consider purchasing an electric vehicle once Justin Trudeau starts taking solar/electric planes on all domestic and international flights.

Article content

As well, current research shows that taking the train instead of flying cuts your CO2 emissions by almost 90 per cent. When was the last time Justin Trudeau used the VIA trains to travel between Ottawa and Vancouver?

Trudeau needs to lead by example when reducing his personal greenhouse gas emissions and carbon footprint.

He recently spewed tons of greenhouse gasses into our atmosphere while taking his family and security team to the southern islands over the Christmas break, whereas he could have gone to a nearby resort with an indoor swimming pool and supported our local Canadian economy with a family vacation.

Advertisement 3

Article content

The privileged life of Justin Trudeau continues while ordinary Canadians make daily decisions between food, medications or heat.

JIM MCEWEN

BOWMANVILLE, ONT.

‘HAPPY’ NEW YEAR

Auld Liberal Syne?

Should old scandals be forgot

Deficit spendings on borrowed time

Billions wasted on Geeboo’s carbon crock

At the food banks more join the long lines

Inflation’s now so out of control and affordable housing a mirage for those with an extra dime

Our clueless Justin’s so out of touch and his pal Jagmeet is biding his pension time!

EDDY DIGNAN

ROCKLAND

EVERYONE’S LAUGHING

The cost of living has skyrocketed, but don’t worry, feminine hygiene products are now free in men’s washrooms. I see this has made Justin Trudeau an even bigger laughingstock worldwide.

Advertisement 4

Article content

It’s no secret that I consider the Liberals to be totally incompetent. After watching Trudeau’s recent podcast and interview, to me he comes across as an unhinged villain in a Bond movie who will do or say anything to cling to power, no matter what the cost. Unfortunately, Canadians are the ones who will pay that cost.

GISELE LAVICTOIRE

ORLÉANS

LONGER TERMS NEEDED

If long prison terms were given to Canadians who profit by wheeling and dealing with illegal firearms, there would be no need to legislate new firearm laws in Canada at all.

Most would soon come to realize that using a firearm in commission of a crime or selling and being caught with illegal guns would become too dangerous and not worth the risk of sitting in prison for most, if not the rest, of their lives.

So, really stiffen up firearm offences and watch gun-related crimes plummet.

ROBERT J. MOSKAL

WINNIPEG

Recommended from Editorial

Article content

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here